Summer camp starts tomorrow and we are grateful for the opportunity to train your Wildcat or Mountain Lion for the eighth season of our Mt.Spokane High School Summer Strength / Sports Performance Training Camp. We are excited to help your child reach their goals this summer and rest assured, they are in the right place! Discover below why there’s no better time to be a Wildcat then now.
Who are Coach Justin and Jessica Rundle
We are former MSHS Wildcats, and Whitworth University / EWU educated trainers. In fact, Coach Jessica Rundle and I have been career trainers for nearly ten years and have even founded our online training program (soon to be an app) Workout Anywhere. We’ve had a life long passion for fitness and nutrition that all started with playing youth sports.
We were three sport athletes in high school and I ultimately played college football for Whitworth University (on their record setting teams), while Jessica pursued track, marathons and CrossFit (she even competed in the CrossFit Regional Games (Games Qualifier as seen on ESPN).
Our love for performance training started in college, when I was given the opportunity to tryout at EWU’s Pro Day Combine and for the Spokane Shock. Thanks to training with one of the area’s best performance coaches and my collegiate coaching staff, I was more than prepared and set some outstanding pro day marks for a 6’5″, 265-pound defensive end. It also helped to sprint against Michael Allan, our All-League and NFL drafted tight end from Whitworth University.
The foundation for our Mt. Spokane High School Sports Performance Training Camps
At the time, the programming I used to become one of the biggest and fastest players on my team was considered college level and not readily available to high school or youth sports athletes. However, all fitness programming is scalable. Knowing that concept, having been through the ultimate program for several years myself and having the ability to adapt programming for all audiences has been an integral part of all of our programming.
Taking what we learned both on and off the field, and applying our own training beliefs was the first phase of our program design, instituted nearly eight years ago.
Since then, our programming has been innovated and improved every year. Between our beliefs for ourselves and students, following the Kaizen “Constant Improvement” formula is a must and this is one reason why this year is the best year. In addition, we have some other updates at the bottom of the email (sports nutrition and workout tracking).
Here’s a rundown of the structure your athlete’s daily training schedule:
Dynamic Warm Up (daily and will be modified for each workout)
- To help every athlete perform his or her best, to prevent injury and to encourage faster recovery, every training program needs a great warm up. None are better than the dynamic warm up principles and exercises used by one of the nation’s leading performance training clinics Athletes Performance, now known as EXOS. Early on, their warm up style shaped our very own dynamic warm up as we innovated it to fit our team and client’s needs.
- Each day, Monday through Thursday will have a specific emphasis and training goal around developing strength, power, quickness, speed and agility for the athlete’s sport and position. In addition, different sports will have more of an emphasis in an area that has more functional training needs.
- Usually, the strength phase is first (since strength and power require the most glycogen (or muscle fuel) for optimal growth and performance). Then, the strength phase is followed by our speed, agility and plyometric circuits.
- One’s core strength can improve overall speed and strength gains by up to 15% or more depending on the person. Plus, a strong, balanced core reduces the risk of injures.
Cool Down and Stretch
- This is an integral part of our programming for reducing soreness, improving flexibility and range of motion. Plus, this promotes faster recovery time which ultimately improves the rate of your athlete’s growth and speed / strength and agility gains.
But wait, there’s a few more camp exclusives!
If you didn’t get the email, you can get it by clicking the link below. In it, we go over how to request assistance for sports nutrition planning. The fun, free workout tracking app that will be used by your Wildcat, and how to ask us questions at any time.
Get The Full Summer Camp Details in Your Inbox!
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Thank you for registering your student athlete! We look forward to seeing them dominate the fields or courts this coming fall!
P.S. Did you know we have an adult boot camp at Mt. Spokane High School? Check it out…