Vegan Street Tacos are our new favorite taco! Made with sweet potatoes in a corn tortilla (or lettuce wrap) and topped with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, cucumber, peppers and vegan dill dressing. This recipe is whole food plant-based, which means PLANT POWER and has cancer fighting properties along with heart healthy ingredients.
- (Organic is always best when possible).
- 2-3 Yams (diced)
- Tomatoes (I like the small grape or cherry tomatoes, but any will do)
- 1 Cucumber diced
- 1 pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- one handful cilantro diced
- Spicy Jalapeño Mrs. Dash (or whatever Mrs. Dash you like) to taste (use as much or little as you would like, but remember it is spicy
- Blended Spice (I use an organic blend of 21 spices from Costco) 1tsp.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable Broth (about an 1/8 cup) just enough to coat the potatoes so the spice stick
- Dill Dressing (CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place diced yams in a big ziplock bag or bowl and do a light coating of vegetable broth
- Add seasoning to bag or bowl and mix around so the yams are coated.
- Place on baking sheet spread out evenly
- Bake for 50-60 minutes depending on how crispy you like your potatoes (check them at 30 minutes and flip them over.
- When finished cooking you will put a spoonful in a corn tortilla shell or big piece of lettuce (they are both delicious, but I personally like them in lettuce better)
- Top with diced veggies and dressing and enjoy.
When following a vegan lifestyle eating plan it is important to listen to your body and stop eating when satisfied.
Let us know what you think of our Vegan Street Tacos below. 🙂