Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if done right can set the tone for the rest of the day. To start the day off right, discover an easy, delicious meal the whole family will love. We’re talking about loaded breakfast burritos yo!
Here’s what you need for this Turkey, Bacon, Veggie Breakfast Burrito (Feeds 2 People)
- Turkey Bacon (all natural) (1 slice) (or skip this ingredient for a heart healthy option)
- 1.5 C egg whites Or Vegan Egg Substitute for a heart healthy option
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/4 C chopped pepper (green, yellow or red)
- Diced handful of cilantro
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Splash of olive oil
- Low carb wheat or corn tortilla shells. Flatbread is an option too.
- Prep and slice all veggies first. Then, place burner under skillet (to level 6 or medium heat)
- Drizzle olive oil on skillet and add veggies + eggs
- Cook until eggs look done and pepper to taste
- Place scramble on to tortilla
- Top w/ 1-2 spoonfuls of preferred natural salsa + avocado and ENJOY!
Breakfast Burrito Pointers
To keep this recipe Gluten Free, stick to all-natural ingredients, read labels and go with corn tortillas or no tortillas (this will also make this lower carb). Not all corn tortilla brands are GF, so please read the ingredient label.
How Do I Make This Recipe For My Entire Family, or Prepare Enough For Multiple, Easy On The Go Breakfasts?
To accomplish this task pull out a larger skillet and multiply the ingredients. The recipe above was suitable for two people according to our Workout Anywhere meal plans.
Any left over servings for another meal or several breakfast meals should be stored in a sealable container and refrigerated. Simply pull out the ingredients and reheat in the microwave during the work week.
What do you think?
We would love to hear how your burritos turned out. Feel free to comment below, or in our member’s section and don’t hesitate to share this recipe with your friends.