Jessica’s No Sugar Added Snickerdoodle Apple Crisp Pie
If you’re a pie lover, but a health conscientious one, then Jessica’s No Sugar Added, Snickerdoodle Apple Crisp Pie is for you. With no sugar added, this recipe has the perfect combination of Truvia and all-natural fructose from apples to still create a delightful treat. There are still carbs, but this is still a much healthier alternative than most apple pies.
Snickerdoodle Crust Topping Ingredients:
• ½ tsp. cream of tarter
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• 2/3 Cup Flour
• ¼ Cup unsalted butter
• 1/3 Cup Truvia
• 1 Egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt butter in mixing bowl, add all other ingredients, but add the flour last. Place in refrigerator while making Filling.
Apple Crisp Ingredients:
• 5-6 Honey Crisp Apples (depending on how large they are)
• 1/3 cup Truvia
• 2 tsp. molasses
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Slice up apple into small pieces. Place in a large bowl, or large plastic container that has a lid.
- Next mix Truvia, molasses and cinnamon in a small bowl until sugar becomes like brown sugar.
- Pour Truvia mix on top of the apples and stir, or cover with lid and shake until mixed well.
- Put the apples in a pie dish. Then roll out Snickerdoodle doe and place over top of apples. Sprinkle Truvia over top of piecrust. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.