Good Fire Fit Friday Team!
Today’s lesson is the initial start to your weekly, or semi-monthly Fire Fit Friday Challenges! The goal is to add an extra lesson that satisfies many of the functional fitness needs for firefighters, without distressing your body from higher impact exercises.
Unfortunately, the nature of the beast is, many of the drills and exercises necessary for firefighters are hard on the body when performed on a regular basis. However, with your current lessons, and a well-timed Fire Fit Challenge, we can satisfy the training needs for firefighters, while respecting the optimal recovery cycle for joints, muscles and the whole body.
Start the workout below with our favorite warm-up, and then proceed to the workout. The advanced variations are in our app, as well as the leaderboard for seeing who finishes with the best performance. 🙂
Use our Dynamic Warm-Up before starting the circuit.
2) Workout Details
Perform 4 rounds (B-I), and 5 for advanced of 30 Seconds ON, 30 Seconds OFF (use this time to switch stations). 1 Bear Crawl and Farmer Carry are the length of the hallway or Bay. Rope Pull equals 20ft.:
- Ball Slams?(Simulates sledgehammer and axe work, without the jarring impact on your joints)
- Farmer Carry?(Perfect for situations when tools are necessary)
- Push Press?(A more balanced alternative to the Pike Pole Press. Targets and trains the same muscles)
- Rope Pull?(Might have to drag something via rope)
- Bear Crawls?(Perfect for situations where crawling is necessary)
Use our app to score your workout (“Add Results” tab), and then check the Whiteboard (aka Leaderboard), to see where you finish. Your points will be based off of your rep total?for all rounds.
3) Four Core
Take on our Four Minute Core session.
4) Stretch and Cool Down (10 min)