Let’s turn on Beast Mode Marty!
Based on your feedback, I’ve developed a custom training schedule catered to you. The goal is to get more fit, stronger, and improve shoulder mobility and strength, so there will be somethings from the previous program missing in this one.
Just for your review, here’s a quick overview of the daily trainer schedule:
- Monday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Lower Body Strength, Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Tuesday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Core & Cardio, Stretching
- Wednesday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Upper Body Strength, Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Thursday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Core & Cardio, Stretching
- Friday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Total Body Strength (or Fitness Challenge Friday) Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Saturday – Rest or Active Rest
- Sunday – Meal Prep Day
If you’re ready, let’s turn on Beast Mode and start with a fitness assessment.
For part of your Baseline Test, we’re going to substitute push-ups, for max D.B. Chest Press repetitions. Watch the video, because there are two key parts to this for limiting shoulder pain.
- Lifting the Dumbbells up with your knees (most people like to awkwardly drag the weights up their body)
- Instead of flaring elbows out (like I did), I want you to keep your elbows as tight to your body as possible. Also, when you lift the dumbbells up for the first rep, retract and squeeze your shoulder blades together (keep them like this for the whole set). From there, press the dumbbells up, and together, and lower them with as much control as possible.
1) Warm Up (5-10 min): Go Through our favorite >>> Dynamic Warm Up <<< (learn to love this warm-up. It’s a game changer)
2) Strength Phase (15 min): Custom Baseline Test
- Max repetitions of D.B. Chest Press
- Max repetitions of Squats (no time limit)
- Max Static Hold Australian Pull-Up (Get to a low position, and pull your body up-and through your TRX. Then hold for as long as possible.
- Max Core Plank (hold as long as possible with perfect form)
Post your score in the comments below, with each exercise labeled in front of the time or amount of reps.
3) Metabolic Circuit (12 Min AMRAP):
Complete as many rounds as possible of the following in 12 minutes:
- 1 Plate Push (A) or Mountain Climbers x 40
- Kettlebell Swings x 12
- Box Jumps x 12 Step Ups x 12/leg
- Wall Balls x12
Your score is your finishing time (please practice perfect form on every exercise).
4) Four Core (4 min): Four Core
5) Stretch & Cool Down (4 min): Use the official RundleFit Stretch infographic one to two times through
You rock! Don’t forget to post!
Great job today! In order to receive coaching pointers, please post in the comments section below. Please include times and weights used. Plus your overall feedback.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s lesson!