Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup is delicious and perfect for the cold Fall and Winter days. Filled with whole food ingredients this soup can be made as a broth base or cream base. Making the soup broth base will be fewer calories and less fat (plus dairy free). Cream base will automatically be higher in calories and fat, but a tasty option to have occasionally.
- 4 Cups Chicken Stalk
- 8 Chicken Tenderloins chopped
- 2 Cups Dry Wild Rice
- 1 Can Corn
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1/2 Sweet Onion
- 3 Chopped Carrots
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash- Garlic & Herb
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream (optional for cream base, or 3 more cups chicken stalk for broth base)
- 2 Cups Milk (if doing cream base)
- Place Chicken Stalk, Chicken tenderloins, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder in Slow Cooker. Cook above on HIGH for 90 minutes.
- Then add remaining ingredients. After about 15 minutes when rice begins to absorb the liquid, add either 1 Cup Heavy Cream and 2 Cups Milk (whisk 1/2 cup flour w/cream before adding into pot), or add 3 more Cups of Chicken Stalk.
- When Rice and Veggies are tender soup is ready.
- Estimated total cook time is 3-4 hours.
Enjoy and please leave your feedback below!