Shrimp And Veggie Rice Paper Wraps
If you’re in the mood for Asian food, when portioned, the Shrimp and Veggie Rice Paper wraps provide a complete meal. Enjoy this zesty, protein packed meal with the whole family, as it is sure to be kid approved.
Read on to learn more about the two major components of the Shrimp and Veggie Rice Paper Wraps:
Rice Paper Wraps:
- 1.) 1 package rice papers
- 2.) 1 pound small shrimp
- 3.) 1 cucumber julienned
- 4.) 3 carrots julienned
- 5.) 1 package broccoli slaw (pre packaged julienned broccoli with cabbage and carrots)
- 6.) 6 sweet peppers julienned
- 7.) ½ medium onion julienned
- 8.) 2 avocados slice
- 9.) 1 bag of spring mix lettuce
- 1.) The juice from 1 orange
- 2.) 1 teaspoon Truvia
- 3.) 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4.) 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5.) 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6.) 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 7.) ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Allow sauce to sit for 30 minutes prior to eating for flavors to blend.
Cut all vegetables prior to soaking wraps.
Place rice paper in warm water to soften. It takes approximately 30 seconds. Place on towel or we used a sushi wrapping board. Make a line of each vegetable and shrimp down the middle of the rice paper leaving an inch on each end. Fold ends up and roll rice paper like a burrito. It will stick to itself. Try to roll as tight as possible without ripping paper.
*It does not take a lot of vegetables or shrimp. Less is better.
Serve with spicy orange sauce.
Makes approximately 15 wraps
Nutritional information per wrap and 1 tablespoon sauce
Calories: 154 Fat 3.46g Sodium 242.12mg Carb 14.64g Protein 14.32g Sugar 1.53g Fiber 1.84g Cholest.27.4mg
[blog posts=”4″ title=”More Recipes” show_title=”yes” categories=”recipes”]