The Nutrition Basics Provide The Perfect Jump-Start For Any Nutrition Goal
In this day and age, there is an abundance of fitness and nutrition programs jockeying for fit stardom and revenue by proclaiming their superiority over the rest of the fitness world. Unfortunately, there is no unilateral system that works for everyone. If there was, everyone would be doing it and the majority of our society would be fit, healthy and happy.
Personally, we have struggled with weight loss, fad diets and the all to common get fit quick schemes. In truth, nothing works better than the nutrition basics. Whether just starting, or an advanced fitness enthusiast, the nutrition basics should provide the backbone to any lifestyle plan (healthier substitutions, clean eating, Paleo and Vegan). Without it, moderate results can be expected.
So, What Are The Nutrition Basics? Read On:
1) For the weight loss basics for men and women, attitude is everything. Believe in your goal and you will achieve it. Do this unwaveringly and without negative input (sometimes doubts and setbacks are caused by the people you would least suspect). This means do this for yourself, because your health is a priority, and not a trend.
2) Stay consistent. Consistency is key and a true difference maker in nutrition excellence. With consistency in control, the only direction one can move is up. So that means that once the basics are mastered, move on to one of our next level meal plans.
3) Failure to plan means planning for failure. Planning ahead and food preparation is a virtue for best nutrition practices and this often becomes the master-key for weight loss. Essentially, the programming has been tested, tried and found true, so the dynamic that holds people back is will power and discipline. When lacking the discipline to prepare, nutrition plans generally fail. You got this and we have food preparation tips and guides available in the “Getting Started” section.
4) Stay hydrated! It’s amazing how something so simple and vital can be set on the back burner. Trust us, everyone can do a better job on hydration. At times we find ourselves disregarding our own advice, but proper nutrition is a true game changer. Literally hydration can account for excellent health, muscle recovery/growth and aiding fat loss on top of every other physiological function.
5) For men and women, try to follow the 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbohydrates/fats. Vegetables are free, but fruit counts against carbohydrates.
6) This is a very generalized recommendation, but for females eat between 300-350 calories (x5/day). Daily calorie allowance equals 1,500 to 1,750 calories. males eat between 450-500 calories (x5/day). Daily calorie allowance equals 2,250 to 2,500 calories. For custom practices, ask or purchase a coaching session.
Please note this is the optimal “general” jump-starter weight loss guidelines. For more structure, or meal planning for alternative fitness goals, checkout our meal plans or RundleFit On Demand custom services.