Mini pepper nachos are a healthier, low carb option nacho your whole family will love and perfect for the Super Bowl! You won’t even miss the chips. Plus you will be filling up on whole foods full of fiber leaving you satisfied longer. Next time you are craving nachos, give this recipe a try and let us know what you think. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Mini Peppers (20)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Can Black Beans (low sodium) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup-Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 - Whole Avocado sliced
- 8-10 Grape Tomatoes
- Cilantro to taste
- 1/4 Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (in place of sour cream)
- 1 Pack Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 Onion Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Black Olives
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, brown ground beef and Taco seasoning once it is browned, wash and slice mini peppers in half and scrape out the seeds, place peppers skin side down on cookie sheet, with a small spoon place black beans and beef on each pepper, sprinkle cheese over the peppers, bake for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted, place peppers on plate and top with all the toppings you desire. Enjoy!