Super Bowl Sunday is generally a celebration and feast, but can be a New Year resolution buster. To avoid this dietary pitfall try our “healthier substitution recipes” to stay on track. None are more ideal for Super Bowl Sunday then our 7 layer dip. Make this Sunday a fun day (and not a complete cheat day).
Learn how to make 7 layer bean dip lighter & healthier, just in time for the Super Bowl.
- One can of refried black beans
- 8oz of non-fat plain greek yogurt
- Salsa (try our homemade recipe) or pick your favorite store bought
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can of sliced black olives
- 2 diced avocados
- 1/2 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- Spread black beans in a small deep casserole dish
- Mix 1/2 packet of low sodium taco seasoning with 8oz of greek yogurt and then spread over beans
- Spread salsa over the tip of the yogurt layer
- Then sprinkle on a think layer of cheddar cheese
- Then add onions, avocados, tomatoes and black olives
Serve cold and use a handful of baked chips, or a plentiful amount of carrots and sliced zucchinis or cucumber slices.
Need more Super Bowl recipes? Check out our mailing list to receive some of this year’s hottest Super Bowl recipes.