Cleaner, Leaner Pizza
Who doesn’t like a good piece of pizza occasionally? Although it is normally a very high calorie, high fat and high carb meal, there are ways to make it healthier. This pizza tastes amazing, but won’t completely ruin your weight loss goals or results. Keep in mind when eating pizza you should pay attention to portion control and don’t overeat. One to two pieces is a good serving size depending on your gender and metabolism. We hope you enjoy this healthy option pizza (Level 2) recipe and leave your thoughts below.
- Rustic Crust 6 grain pizza crust
- Pizza Sauce (Ragu homemade style) Or any brand that has a lower sugar content
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 50% less fat Bacon pieces or bits (sub chicken, or turkey pepperoni)
- Any other desired veggies
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray pizza pan with Pam olive oil
- Place crust on top pan
- Spread 1/2 the container of pizza sauce over crust
- Sprinkle cheese over top (1 cup) you have the option to sprinkle more or less.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 of the container of bacon pieces over cheese
- Place all of the veggies on top
- Bake for about 15 minutes (check pizza because ovens vary and it may need to go in for less time or more time).