Hawaiian chicken lettuce wraps recipe is an amazing recipe I created with my mom. It is all whole food ingredients, extremely healthy and yet tastes delicious. Who said eating healthy had to taste boring? We hope you enjoy this recipe.
- Chicken Tenderloins (8 will serve 3-4 people)
- Pineapple- 1/2 cup fresh cut
- Mandarin Oranges- 1/2 cup fresh
- Coconut Oil
- Mrs. Dash Seasonings (I used Onion Herb, Fiesta Lime and Lemon Pepper)(1/2 tsp. each or to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Shredded Carrots
- Fresh Mango
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (sprinkle on top before serving chicken)
Cook chicken on stove top with a medium heat and 1/4 cup coconut oil. Season and let cook with lid on for 15-20 minutes then turn over, season a little more and squeeze fresh mandarin and/or pineapple juice into the dish. Add the pineapple and mandarin fruit pieces. Turn to low heat, cover and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly done. Cut the tenderloins into bite size pieces.
Serve chicken with fresh mango slices and shredded carrots in the lettuce pieces. Yummy!!
Serve with a side dish like yams, brown rice or a veggie. (Yam recipe is on the recipe board.)