Welcome to the team Jeff and Mark!
I’m Coach Justin Rundle and I’m looking forward to helping you two get more functionally fit, stronger, leaner and healthier in 12 weeks (ideally longer). All while having fun and making your fitness routine efficient and highly effective.
Today’s first lesson, will have a little more text and explaining, but after today’s lesson, tutorials will be straight to the point. This is a progressive, 12-week trainer that looks like so:
- Monday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Lower Body Strength, Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Tuesday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Core & Cardio, Stretching
- Wednesday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Upper Body Strength, Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Thursday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Core & Cardio, Stretching
- Friday – Dynamic Warm-Up, Total Body Strength (or Fitness Challenge Friday) Metabolic Circuit, Core and Stretching
- Saturday – Rest or Active Rest
- Sunday – Meal Prep Day
Lessons will run between 45-60 minutes, depending on the day’s workout, and weeks will get progressively more challenging. I suggest going through the brief instructions below (this is for our general Workout Anywhere of The Day training lessons, but points cross-over to your custom program).
Additionally, go through our fitness evaluation & Baseline Test to measure your starting fitness level, and to have a baseline for testing every six weeks (our strength portion for workouts cycles every six weeks). Also, certain movements from the lesson, will be bolded or highlighted to encourage note keeping (in the comments bubble below the training lesson).
With that said, let’s get started! Watch the brief tutorial below (this has some valuable points, but your program is tailored, so don’t mind some of the deviations) and complete the fitness evaluation link above or here: Fitness Evaluation & Baseline Test (exercises will be links in case you need to reference movement details).
If you have any questions regarding fitness level, please ask me. Lessons will contain A for advanced, I for intermediate and B for beginner modifications.
Also, don’t forget to post your feedback and scores in the comments field below the post. I’ll be sure to answer here and in our Facebook group!
You guys rock! Let’s turn on Beast Mode!!!
For additional, quick overview points of the trainer layout, check out this post: Workout Anywhere of The Day Info .
With that said, it’s time to put your workout face on and get started!
1) Warm Up (5-10 min): Go Through our favorite >>> Dynamic Warm Up <<< (learn to love this warm-up. It’s a game changer)
2) Strength Phase (15 min): 4 sets of 12 of light to moderate weight (practice good form and body control for each movement).
Also, for the sake of being efficient, one can go through the following in a circuit format. Or, for best results, perform the exercise, then repeat 1:30 min later until that exercise is complete. Then move to the next exercise. Either format will work, but the latter will promote the best strength and size gains.
- Goblet Squats (Let me know if legs are sore from the Baseline Test )
- Monster Walks
- Exercise Ball Hamstring Curls
3) Metabolic Circuit (12 Min AMRAP):
Complete as many rounds as possible of the following in 12 minutes:
- 1 Plate Push (A) or Mountain Climbers x 40
- Kettlebell Swings x 12
- Box Jumps x 12 Step Ups x 12/leg
- Wall Balls x12
Your score is your finishing time (please practice perfect form on every exercise).
4) Four Core (4 min): Four Core
5) Stretch & Cool Down (4 min): Use the official RundleFit Stretch infographic one to two times through
Don’t forget to post!
Great job today! In order to receive coaching pointers, please post in the comments section below. Please include times and weights used. Plus your overall feedback.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s lesson!